About the role:
Reporting into the Senior Associate – Legal Progressor, this role will support and assist on all schemes in Heads of Terms through to Exchange in a timely and efficient manner. Communicating with key stakeholders throughout the process.
Key duties include:
- Whilst reporting into the Senior Associate Legal Progressor, assist in progressing all schemes through the legal process from Heads of Terms to point of exchanging contracts in an efficient and timely manner
- Update appraisals from bid stage through to exchange
- Instruct Red Book Valuations as instructed by the Senior Associate
- Liaise with the Senior Associate and Project Management Team in order to appoint Employer Agents for exchange schemes and prepare appointment documents.
- Assist the Senior Legal Progressor in reviewing and finalising the following key documents with developers:
- Estate charge
- Red line plans
- Any other relevant exchange documentation
- Complete Investment Committee packs when seeking approval to exchange to a high and accurate standard with a high attention to detail
- Take ownership in managing the board approval review process and ensure deadlines are met
- Liaise with Sales & Lettings and Housing to agree their requirements prior to exchange
- Assist with the handover process to Operations following exchange
- Ensure all final document versions of key reports, presentations and agreements are kept in a systematic fashion, both in digital and hard copy format.
- Maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality in handling the work of the department, ensuring that confidential documents are secure.
- Respect the culture and values of the Company at all times
- Adhere to all Health & Safety procedures to minimise the risk of injury and accidents.
- Participate in training courses and e-learning as required in order to further self-development.
- Carry out such other duties as delegated from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the department and to aid the achievement of the Company’s objectives
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Real Estate Acquisitions related position;
- Have a genuine interest in real estate acquisitions and the residential market
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Is proactive in nature, and has the ability to manage a large number of priorities in parallel
- Highly organised with strong time management skills
- Advanced level excel, with experience of running appraisals
- Keen to learn and actively participate in a dynamic and constantly adapting environment
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in written English
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Can motivate themselves and maintain a positive attitude to repetitive tasks
- Has a strong work ethic and ability to work independently and as a team.
- Full clean driving license
A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) and / or substantial relevant experience.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.