About the role:
We are currently seeking to appoint an Assistant Management Accountant to join our finance team, reporting into our Management Accountant and working in a team of four in the Management Accounts team, you will support in the timely production of accurate, multi-entity management accounts information and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
Key duties include:
Bullet points of key duties to ensure the candidate understands the responsibilities for the role.
- Preparing General Ledger prepayments & accruals journals
- Preparing monthly of balance sheet reconciliations
- Weekly reconciliation of bank statements to the General Ledger liaising with other members of the Financial Control team to understand where entries need to be posted
- Supports Management Accounts in the month end close process by reviewing actuals vs budgets/forecast and making correcting adjustments where necessary
- Supports in analytical review of monthly actuals to produce commentary on variances
- Works closely with FP&A to deal with month end queries as part of the management accounts production process
- Supports year end statutory accounts production and audit process where appropriate
- Supports in the maintenance of Fixed Assets register and preparation of monthly depreciation journals as well as reconciling Fixed Asset balance sheet accounts
- Preparing and formatting ad hoc reports and analysis on request
- Experience of month end close processes and maintenance of Fixed Asset registers
- Experience of accruals and prepayments preparation
- Proactive, energetic and diligent self-starter
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Property sector experience (an advantage)
- Worked in a PE backed / leveraged business
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Part-qualified accountant, preferably CIMA, ACA or ACCA.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com.