About the role:
The role of Communications Manager will manage Sage Housing’s Internal & External Communications and will play a key role in executing Sage Housing’s public affairs strategy nationally. The position will be responsible for partnering in the development of Sage Housing’s communication strategy and ensuring our communications are effective.
Partnering with a range of internal stakeholders across the business, you will communicate our story to external audiences of residents, housebuilders, regulators and talent, while setting the tone and ensuring the effectiveness of our internal communications.
Key duties include:
- Supporting the delivery of Sage Housing’s Public Affairs strategy to create a positive environment within which it will operate effectively and promote its reputation and brand
- Supporting a professional, efficient and high-quality briefing service within the business, working closely with relevant stakeholders both internally and externally
- Researching and preparing appropriate briefings for the Investors, Chief Executive Officer and other senior stakeholders, often to short deadlines for meetings, conferences and presentations on key issues
- Supporting and contributing where needed to third party partnerships
- Providing effective support of key correspondence into the investors and Chief Executive Officer and other senior stakeholders. The post holder will handle high levels of confidential and important business and management information, which needs to be dealt with to a very high standard
- Coordinate with our parent company and secure their consent on matters relating to external communications
- Providing drafting and strategic support on Sage Housing’s property portfolio
- Working with colleagues to identify new target stakeholders in line with the company’s business plan objectives and seeking proactively to strengthen these relationships
- Ensuring all engagement activity is logged
- Ensuring any actual or potential reputational issues which arise are addressed quickly and effectively, to minimise harm to the company
- Supporting in the development of communications for key initiatives across the organisation
- Working closely with third party advisors to ensure the correct tone of communications across all regulatory and local authorities.
- Taking responsibility for all internal communications including bulletins and relevant employee communications.
- Experience in a similar position with exposure to a similar environment
- Proven experience of producing high quality communications for external stakeholders
- ESG experience advantageous.
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks especially when under pressure
- Ability to handle challenging relationships and manage difficult conversations when necessary
- Self-motivated and ability to use own initiative but also a strong team player
- Driven by achieving a high level of customer satisfaction
- Able to build relationships and gain trust with customers and colleagues
- Demonstrates integrity, empathy, discretion and professionalism
- Team player, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to deal with setbacks in a calm and efficient manner
- Assertive and proactive
- Attention to detail
A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) and / or substantial relevant experience.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com.