Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the role will manage Sage Housing’s internal and external communications and will play a key role in executing Sage Housing’s public affairs strategy nationally. As part of the Customer Team, the position will be responsible for partnering in the development of Sage Housing’s communication strategy and ensuring our communications are effective.
Connecting with a range of internal stakeholders across the business, you will communicate our story to external audiences to meet business objectives through PR, social media, events, conferences and direct engagement. The role covers all aspects of communications including internal comms but as housing is a very political sector, the ability understand, manage and influence local and national political audiences is key. The role will be closely supported by the Sage leadership team, the Sage Board and experienced and trusted agency resources.
Key duties include:
Supporting the delivery of Sage Housing’s public affairs strategy to create a positive environment within which it will operate and promote its reputation and brand
- Supporting a professional, efficient and high-quality briefing service within the business, working closely with relevant stakeholders both internally and externally
- Researching and preparing appropriate briefings for the Investors, Chief Executive Officer and other senior stakeholders, often to short deadlines for meetings, conferences and presentations on key issues
- Integrating public affairs with policy, media and other communications activities
- Engaging with and contributing to public policy debates, including through the media, policy events and meetings with MPs and relevant local government figures.
- Planning and delivering events, including roundtables, panels, and produce articles for newspapers, websites, and other outlets.
- Supporting and contributing where needed to third party partnerships
- Providing effective support of key correspondence into the investors and Chief Executive Officer and other senior stakeholders. The post holder will handle high levels of confidential and important business and management information, which needs to be dealt with to a very high standard
- Coordinating with our investors and securing their consent on matters relating to external communications
- Providing drafting and strategic support on Sage Housing’s property portfolio
- Working with colleagues to identify new target stakeholders in line with the company’s business plan objectives and seeking proactively to strengthen these relationships
- Ensuring a clear engagement strategy and all engagement activity is logged
- Ensuring any actual or potential reputational issues which arise are addressed quickly and effectively, to minimise harm to the company
- Supporting in the development of communications for key initiatives across the organisation
- Working closely with third party advisors to ensure the correct tone of communications across all regulatory and local authorities.
- Taking responsibility for all internal communications including bulletins and relevant employee communications.
- Managing the Social Media and Comms Executive who will support this role
- Experience in a similar position with exposure to a similar environment
- High levels of organization to plan and execute comms plans across multiple audiences
- Proven experience of producing high quality communications for external stakeholders and internal audiences
- A good understanding of political audiences and housing policy
- Experience of developing political insights to inform effective influencing strategies and a track record of planning and delivering successful and innovative projects
- Some ESG experience advantageous
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks especially when under pressure
- Ability to handle challenging relationships and manage difficult conversations when necessary
- Self-motivated and ability to use own initiative but also a strong team player
- Management experience is an advantage
- Driven by achieving a high level of customer satisfaction
- Able to build relationships and gain trust with colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrates integrity, empathy, discretion and professionalism
- Team player, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to deal with setbacks in a calm and efficient manner
- Assertive and proactive
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to live the Sage values
A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) and / or substantial relevant experience.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org