About the role:
The role of Corporate and Governance Lead is a pivotal role within Sage providing oversight and leadership to activities related to personal and corporate data policies, compliance with statute (eg GDPR) and corporate best practices and work closely with Sage IT and external providers to ensure high levels of information security. The role will also take the lead in responding to queries from external parties and from within the business. In addition, the role will also support the anti-money laundering activities of Sage.
The Corporate and Governance Lead works closely with Legal and IT to ensure strong technical and regulatory oversight of information within Sage.
The role reports to the Head of Legal.
Key duties include:
- Maintaining a GDPR compliant environment
- Liaising with Sage IT and Legal to ensure statutory requirements and best practices are designed into the environment, followed and tested in all aspects related to personal and business data
- Assist Sage Legal with the review and negotiation of privacy and data protection terms with clients and vendors
- Assist with advice to the business on data protection laws, regulations and compliance
- Monitoring data protection compliance across the organisation and carrying out regular checks to identify issues and recommend and implement solutions.
- Leading SARs tracking and fulfilment
- Assisting Sage Legal with its anti-money laundering activities
- Maintaining the Contracts Register
- Assisting Company Secretariat in managing annual governance schedules, maintenance of statutory registers and compliance with statutory filings and confirmation statements
- Servicing committees and subsidiary boards, where required.
- Good knowledge of GDPR, SARs and information security
- Highly numerate and detail-focused
- Solid written and verbal communication abilities
- Able to forge strong personal links with business partners
- Detailed knowledge of Excel, Dynamics and MS Office product suite
- Strong desire to improve current working practises and systems
- Experience with providing board support is desirable.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com.