About the role:
This role of Defects Analyst is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to join our talented Operations Team and be responsible for the analysis of our defects and assist with the aftercare service offered to residents.
It is a hands-on role, where you will work closely with colleagues and act as our main point for defects trends, developer and contractor reporting and supporting the team to get the best data in the most effective format.
Key duties include:
- Provide customer-focused services and deliver an excellent defects service to residents in the defects liability period, ensuring Sage’s service standards, principles, policies and procedures.
- Provide support to the defects team by analysing, reporting and presenting data, to ensure customer satisfaction with defects management processes.
- Provide technical and customer service advice on defect trends and patterns which occur in Sage properties.
- Create Excel documents and other reports that demonstrate where defects are not being attended to on time, where common issues/ trends are noted and other defect-related information.
- Use tables, pivot tables, charts to graphs to appropriately present data
- Support the head of department and defects team in monitoring and reporting on defects.
- Oversee and continuously improve the team’s defect management approach and processes, to ensure they are being identified and resolved effectively to provide residents with the highest level of service in dealing with defects.
- Understand and interpret large amounts of data, using it to proactively manage defects.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners to in a spirit of mutual co-operation and trust, Sage’s collective strategic priorities.
- Take ownership of all matters relating to defects.
- Use resident feedback to identify common issues and develop plans to meet their individual and neighborhood needs, thus improving their satisfaction levels.
- Actively manage IT systems to make sure Sage have appropriate reporting ability.
- Produce monthly defect update reports for internal and external use, to demonstrate if service delivery targets are being met as part of monthly performance monitoring.
- Arranging meetings to discuss performance with internal and external partners.
- Pulling data, also writing reports, presentations and briefings based on that data.
- Creating processes and workflows, using appropriate software such as Visio
- Any other duties as directed.
- Exceptional Excel, Access and Visio software skills.
- Proven ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret large amounts of data.
- Ability to use initiative to solve complex problems independently in a professional setting.
- Experience in developing and implementing processes, procedures and workflows.
- Excellent communicator and have experience in writing reports and presentations for senior level audiences.
- Ability to act efficiently and proactively and make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Organised and able to self-manage; motivated by own workload, priorities and deadlines.
- Takes ownership, is accountable and embraces change and opportunity.
- Proactive and takes a creative approach to building and maintaing relationships.
- Has a natural customer focus, a can-do attitude, is collaborative with internal and external partners and a champion for the customer.
- Confident and tenacious; resilient and hard-working.
- Experience in defects management preferred but related experience in other sectors will be considered.
- Experience in using and controlling defects management systems preferred including Clixifix.
A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) and / or substantial relevant experience.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com.