About the role:
This role of Defects Customer Advisor is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to join our talented Operations Team and be responsible for the management of our defects and assist with the aftercare service offered to residents.
It is a hands-on role, where you will work closely with colleagues and act as our main contact on defects, including monitoring and managing defects. You will also lead on escalated cases and work with developers to ensure their obligations within development agreements are adhered to.
Key duties include:
Bullet points of key duties to ensure the candidate understands the responsibilities for the role.
- Provide customer-focused services and deliver an excellent defects service to residents in the defects liability period, ensuring Sage’s service standards, principles, policies and procedures.
- Welcome new residents to the service, including personal contact, ensuring any reasonable issues are resolved and their level of customer satisfaction is increased and maintained.
- Provide technical advice and expertise on defect issues which occur in Sage properties and propose appropriate resolution, including challenging developer aftercare teams where matters should be dealt with by the developer.
- Manage a caseload of disputed, complex or ‘open’ defects, liaising with colleagues, residents and developer aftercare teams to progress cases, provide regular updates and bring them to a timely and satisfactory conclusion.
- Support management and assist in monitoring and reporting on defect cases.
- Review and continuously improve Sage’s defect management approach and processes, to ensure they are being identified and resolved effectively and we provide residents with the highest level of service in dealing with their defects.
- Co-ordinate and manage defects and ensure contractual obligations and administer such work in a spirit of mutual co-operation and trust.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external service providers.
- Use resident feedback to identify common issues and develop plans to meet their individual and neighborhood needs, thus improving their satisfaction levels.
- Establish excellent working relationships across Sage and with key external stakeholders to best achieve the role and support colleagues in their roles to achieve Sage’s collective strategic priorities.
- Liaise with client departments, contractors, developers and consultants to ensure the successful rectification of issues on schemes.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate policies, procedures and practices in relation to defect management.
- Produce monthly defect update reports to demonstrate that service delivery targets are being met as part of the monthly performance.
- Any other tasks as directed.
Bullet points of experience and skills required for the role.
- The ideal candidate should have experience offering an excellent customer focused service.
- Experience in defects resolution, aftercare or repairs within Social Housing or a Private Sector background.
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems independently in a professional setting.
- Excellent communicator and have experience in communicating and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of building construction and maintenance and good knowledge and experience of building defect diagnosis and disrepairs.
- Experience in developing and implementing processes for effective defects management.
- Acting efficiently and pro-actively within defined decision-making processes.
- Organised and efficient with your time and able to self-manage, whilst being comfortable asking for help or guidance when you need it.
- Self-driven, accountable and embrace change and opportunity.
- Pro-active and take a creative approach to relationship-building and problem solving
- Decisive and able to work at a face pace.
- Have a natural customer focus and it is a consideration in all that you do.
- Confident and tenacious.
A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) and / or substantial relevant experience.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com.