About the role:
The Defects Surveyor will be part of the Aftercare Team and will assist with the logging, investigating, diagnosis, chasing, closing and reporting of defects. It will also include developer, employers agent and contractor performance management and management of associated contracts.
In order to ensure that our customers receive the best service from Sage and its partners, the candidate will also be involved in the processes associated with handover, defects liability and end of defects. They will meet with customers who have escalated complaint cases in order resolve them.
The role will also involve reporting on the performance of developers and other partners, finding trends and lessons learned and offering the findings to the Head of Aftercare.
The role will report into the Head of Homeownership Services
- Defects management and contract management
- Investigating claims of defects
- Ability to diagnose complex defects in new build homes and common areas, write analytical reports and agree/monitor works to conclusion
- Ensuring customer satisfaction with resolution of defects and related complaints
- Travel to visit customers and attend key stages in site delivery
- Establish trends in defects to avoid future issues, including lessons learned
- Using Sage systems and processes to deliver an exemplary journey to Sage customers
- Attending meetings with customers, partners, stakeholders
- Attending benchmark units, handover and snagging visits where appropriate
- Liaising with Sage team members and external partners to achieve desired outcomes
- Assisting with system management to effectively manage defects
- Assisting with creation and review of processes to effectively manage defects
- Using tolerances set down by the developer’s warranty provider, give advice to customers on what is and is not a defect or snag
- Understanding the specification for sites the surveyor is responsible for and assist other teams/ individuals in understanding the sites and defects issues
- Being aware of the pipeline and make appropriate preparations for smooth handovers for both Sage and its customers
- Upholding high Sage standards that ensure customer’s satisfaction with their new home
- Working with Sales, Delivery and Housing Services to ensure high satisfaction levels
- Reporting on defects by site, developer and EA as appropriate
- Taking action where developers have not fulfilled their duty to resolve defects
- Understanding of defects in a new build environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to make decisions that positively affect Sage and its customers
- Analytical skills insofar as understanding trends, performance indicators and data insight
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Self motivated and ability to manage own workload
- Positive can-do attitude
- Good Excel and report-writing skills
A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) and / or substantial relevant experience.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com.