About the role:
The Document Controller role is pivotal to the Delivery Team’s operations by ensuring all documents produced during the construction phase of a project are correctly named and saved on the companies Sharepoint drive. All parts of the business continually refer to the construction documents provided by the Delivery Team, in order to make sure their departments can perform their tasks within certain timescales. The type of documents that are continually being saved include, but are not limited to, property compliance, sales and marketing information, construction designs, town and planning, financial documents & maintenance information.
The candidate requires high focus and attention to detail as all file names must be saved in accordance with the relevant naming conventions and within the correct location. There is a requirement to go back and correctly re-save documents on older schemes that have completed, as well as saving documents for all ‘live’ projects. The candidate therefore needs the ability to prioritise their own workload whilst considering the immediate needs of the business.
The Document Controller reports directly to a Senior Project Manager but will assist all members of the Delivery Team and across all Sage Development projects with a view to make sure all schemes have documents saved in one consistent approach.
Key duties include:
- Responsible for ensuring all new construction documents provided by Project Managers (PMs) and Project Manager Assistants (PMAs) are saved on file using the ‘Naming Convention’ instructions.
- Monitor and amend the ‘Naming Convention’ schedule as necessary following consultation or requests from other departments within Sage.
- Flag to Regional Heads of Delivery (RHD) where Compliance documents are not provided by PMs on the day of Practical Completion.
- Provide a weekly report on which Fire Risk Assessments have been closed out by PMs.
- Responsible for ensuring all documents saved in completed schemes are renamed and relocated as necessary to conform with the ‘Naming Convention’ and provide progress updates to Line Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring good version control of documents saved and making sure no duplicates are saved unnecessarily.
- Working closely with all other Sage departments to ensure they are provided with requested documents.
- Reviewing keys documents to verify they contain the correct information necessary before saving on file.
- Undertake any reasonable request from management in a timely fashion.
- Work to Sage’s company values at all times.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe PDF Reader
- The ability to manage your own workload in accordance with various team priorities.
- A level of focus and attention to detail.
- Is a Team Player.
- Take ownership for actions and is accountable for delivering outcomes.
- Able to demonstrate an organised and systematic way of working with strong
administration and record keeping.
- Able to prioritise effectively and manage a busy workload.
- Welcomes and is positive about change and improving services.
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic.
GCSE in English and Maths – B or above.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org