About the role:
The role of Head of Resident Services is to lead the day-to-day resident management team and to manage and audit the outsourced providers service delivery. Based in our head office, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning and executing our operational approach and working with a number of the internal and external teams at Sage.
The Head of Resident Services is at the forefront of the Sage offer to their customers and manages the service quality and general housing management functions across the growing Sage portfolio. Through a team of Service Quality Managers, the role monitors services and drives continuous improvement of the service delivered to Sage’s customers. Sage is committed to supporting customers through hardship and times of difficulty and the role will oversee all housing related issues such as ASB, Safeguarding and Arrears. The role will be at the forefront of delivering Sage’s Customer Engagement and Asset Management Strategies, bringing the customer and asset together, delivering the Sage philosophy of quality, control, and assurance.
The role requires strong leadership skills and the ability to influence key stakeholders, building long lasting positive relationships, both internally and externally including local authorities, MPs, government departments, landlords, managing agents and network with agencies that are connected with local and national housing related strategies.
Key duties include:
- Champion the customer and support the development of a positive customer culture in Sage
- Actively engage with the Sage Customer Experience Programme
- Create productive external relationships with stakeholders and facilitate multi agency working to maximise opportunities for customers locally
- Support Sage’s customers, enabling them to live their lives well and create vibrant communities
- Lead on the Housing and Asset Management activity, developing and implementing processes and procedures
- Develop reporting dashboard and KPI reporting to track and monitor contractor performance
- Build positive supply chain relationships
- Provide positive team leadership and develop a customer service ethos in a team that are geographically dispersed.
- Monitor and report on supply chain performance to inform service delivery strategy
- Drive Value for Money through the Sage supply chain partners
- Oversee case management of ASB cases and complaints
- Work with local authorities and the Lettings team to minimise void properties
- Represent Sage at key external forums and meetings to raise the profile of Sage and represent a positive Sage brand.
- Achieve the business outcomes in terms of customer satisfaction, community development and tenancy management.
- Support key stakeholders by providing robust reporting and assurance with regard to operational and strategic risks to the business.
- Support the overarching strategy of the Building Safety Bill (BS8644) to include responsible persons, risk management and the golden thread of building related data.
- Monitor property compliance across fire, legionella, gas, electric and asbestos in line with legal requirements and in conjunction with the Sage Compliance team.
- Liaise with external authorities and agencies, as necessary.
- Contract management of the Housing and Asset service delivery partners.
- Regularly review and analyse new legislation and best practises and consider how these are applied to the Sage Business.
- Support the development of the Sage Customer Engagement Strategy.
- Analyse property inspection data, identify trends and recommending and implementing improvements.
- Champion the learning and development of the team members, holding regular 1-1’s and creating robust personal development plans.
- Overhead, systems, publications, training.
- Live the Sage values
Degree in Asset Management or equivalent experience.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.