About the role:
We are currently seeking to appoint a Management Accountant to join our finance team to work alongside one other Management Accountant and the Financial Controller to deliver consistent, accurate and timely management accounts reporting and ensure a robust review and control environment prevails across the Financial Control team. This role is a key conduit between the Financial Control and FP&A teams.
Key duties include:
Bullet points of key duties to ensure the candidate understands the responsibilities for the role.
- Experienced in management accounts preparation incl. cashflow statement
- General Ledger journals incl. prepayments & accruals
- Completing all intercompany transactions and all relevant journal entries
- Completing monthly reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts incl. Interco accounts
- Coordinates month end close timetable ensuring that all parties deliver on time and consistently seeks further improvement to reduce time-to-close
- Conducting analytical review of monthly figures to support on variances to budget/forecast
- Works closely with FP&A to deal with month end queries in order to produce management accounts pack with commentary explaining variance drivers
- Supporting the year end statutory accounts production and audit process
- Responsible for Fixed Assets register and posting monthly depreciation journals as well as reconciling Fixed Asset balance sheet accounts
- Preparing and formatting ad hoc reports and analysis on request
- Seasoned preparer of periodic reports and delivery of the month end close
- Experience of maintaining Fixed Asset registers
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Property sector experience (an advantage)
- Worked in a PE backed / leveraged business
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & experience of Aareon QL
Qualified accountant, preferably CIMA, ACA or ACCA.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.