About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit and Risk, the Internal Auditor will conduct risk-based audits in line with guidance set out by the Chartered Institute of Internal Audit. The audits will cover all areas of Sage’s operations including; acquisitions, delivery, rent, and support functions such as finance and HR.
You will support the Head of Internal Audit and Risk in the completion of audits in the internal audit annual plan, and by conducting ad-hoc reviews requested by either management or the Audit and Risk Committee.
The role will require significant interaction with a range of stakeholders across the organisation including employees, Board members and external organisations.
Key duties include:
- Undertaking discussions with business area owners to identify key risks and controls
- Undertaking internal audit testing of the controls over key risks
- Identification of weaknesses in the design and operation of controls
- Agreeing practical solutions to controls weaknesses with managers, heads of departments, directors and C-suite executives
- Delivery an initial draft internal audit report outlining key findings from the audit to the Head of Internal Audit and Risk
- Involvement in other types of reviews including, compliance audit, process reviews and investigations.
Experience and skills required for the role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- At least six months internal audit experience
- Experience of working in social housing an advantage (operations or audit)
- Excellent reporting skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Commercial awareness and appreciation of the impact of audit recommendations on business operations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to deliver audit work within agreed deadlines
- Experience of using data analytics software (for example IDEA) a plus, but not required.
Part qualified IIA and/or a relevant higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) an advantage.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com.