About the role:
This role is a Personal Assistant to the Head of Legal, providing high quality professional support primarily to the Head of Legal but also to the wider Legal Team by performing a variety of administrative duties, within a highly confidential environment.
The successful candidate will bring experience as a legal secretary or experience in providing secretarial support. Discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes to be successful in this role.
Key duties include:
- Manage the Head of Legal’s diary efficiently
- Maintain all internal Legal reporting and liaison with external law firms
- Organise papers and reports for the Head of Legal ahead of meetings
- Preparation of periodic financial budgetary reporting for the Group Legal team.
- Prime responsibility for maintaining the contract database and contract governance sign-off process
- Preparing minutes and agendas for meetings
- Administration and reporting of annual leave, sickness absence, maternity leave and other confidential staff related issues
- Arranging ad-hoc meetings with management, team and 1.:1s collation and distribution of agenda’s and minutes
- Booking meeting Rooms and arranging refreshments
- Ordering of stationery and IT related hardware and software
- Ensuring incoming mail and emails are dealt with effectively, promptly and professionally
- First point of contact for ad hoc enquiries and ensuring all enquires are dealt with promptly
- Answering the telephone and taking messages for the Head of Legal and Legal Team
- General filing/contract filing
- Filing/logging confidential documents
- Scanning confidential documents
- Arranging contract signing by company signatories and arranging couriering of documents
- Checking third party invoices and managing invoices to be authorised by the legal team
- Collation and circulation of board packs to board members
- Letters, document formatting and creation/maintaining of spreadsheets
- Land Registry applications and uploading to datarooms
- Supporting the wider Legal team with ad hoc administrative queries
- Excellent literacy and reasonable numeracy skills
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Software packages
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience as a Legal Secretary or Paralegal desirable but not essential
- Previous executive support preferred
- Maintain high professional and ethical standards, act with integrity and credibility.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate clearly, precisely and appropriately, both verbally and in writing at all levels, and maintain excellent working relationships
- Ability to prioritise work and deal with a number of tasks simultaneously, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate a courteous and professional demeanour
- Confident dealing with clients and other professionals.
- Work effectively as part of the Legal team
- Display a strong positive “can do” attitude and take on primarily responsibility for certain administrative functions within the legal team
- Demonstrate the Sage Values
- English and Maths GCE/GCSE or equivalent
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.