About the role:
With all the new homes being added to our portfolio, we need to ensure that at the point of handover, a resident is ready to move into their new home. This requires meticulous preparation beforehand which will include liaising with our Project Managers, our local authority partners and the incoming resident. Therefore, we are looking for an experienced officer who demonstrates strong organizational skills and who can accurately record information.
As the first point of contact for our new residents, you will be representing Sage where we believe in exceptional customer service to reflect the values of our organization.
Key duties include:
- To forge and develop strong relationships with our Local Authority partners and to request nomination at least 4 weeks in advance of handover of new build properties / re-let properties.
- To work closely with our Project Managers to ascertain handover dates and information surrounding our new developments.
- To carry out comprehensive affordability assessments by gathering financial information to complete assessment and calculate affordability of incoming residents. To be able to provide advice to residents about their eligibility for the property and also provide them with moving advice.
- To provide advice to residents about different tenancies and tenures and to emphasis their rights and responsibilities as stated in the tenancy agreement. Residents will also be required to provide a rent payment of at least a week in advance before the tenancy sign up.
- To ensure that residents are aware of our digital sign up process and that they utilise the resident portal.
- To prepare sign up documents, including tenancy agreements for residents ahead of the sign up.
- To carry out viewings and sign up of available properties. This would include scheme demonstrations and explanations of how to use other services in the home.
- To provide input to local lettings plans for all new development to ensure the creation of sustainable communities.
- To provide information and advice to residents on how to end their tenancy. This includes serving 4 weeks’ notice and the expectations of the outgoing resident (leaving the property clean and clear, providing gas/electric details, returning all keys etc).
- To monitor all properties on Notice to ensure that void turnaround times for vacant properties are kept to a minimum.
- To work closely and proactively with lettings agents, ensuring that new lets are carried out as promptly as possible and that a good customer experience is delivered in the process.
- To promptly and accurately ensure that all new tenancies are entered into the housing management system as instructed by management.
- To support our drive to provide services digitally using modern technologies, by continuously identifying ways to improve and automate our processes.
- To comply with Sage’s policies and procedures.
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to adapt and deal with a very fast paced environment
- Able to multitask in a busy workplace
- Worked within a lettings team and is familiar with all the different methods of requesting nominations with the Local Authorities
A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) and / or substantial relevant experience.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.