About the role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for appraising new and existing opportunities from a select group of small developers, housebuilders and in term progressing towards an internal board approval. New opportunities will consist of S106, Homes England Grant and non-housebuilder public sector opportunities.
The candidate will undertake thorough investment appraisals in a timely fashion in order for Sage to become the preferred partner for the scheme. This will include research on local comparables, demand, developer research in order to ensure accuracy and consistency of investment appraisals to meet investment criteria. This will then be fed into the investment committee pack to the board which will grant us approval to proceed towards Heads of Terms and then towards exchange.
Key duties include:
- Assisting senior members of the team with putting together appraisals and bid packs for the investment committee
- Independently review investment appraisals for accuracy and consistency with investment criteria and assumptions
- Making ad hoc analytical changes to projects whilst assisting in the acquisitions process
- Liaising with other departments across the business
- Undertaking accurate and thorough research into local market evidence in support of investment appraisal
- Contacting local agents, new build sales teams and using databases to find comparable evidence of recent sales and lettings to best understand demand in an immediate and wider area
- Liasing with internal grant teams to fill in details which Homes England need in order to assist our grant bid
- Undertaking financial due diligence checks for individual developers in order to conclude the payment structure and if the counterparty has a sufficient covenant strength
- Have a genuine interest in the development process and the national residential market
- Ability to source market information efficiently including engaging with local agents
- Proficient in excel with experience in running appraisals
- Keen to learn and actively participate in a dynamic and constantly adapting environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong work ethic with the ability to assist the wider team whilst managing their own workload
- Confident and out-going with the ability to speak accurately and clearly to clients in order to assist the senior members of the team
A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) and / or substantial relevant experience.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com.