About the role:
Reporting to the National Acquisitions Director this role is responsible for leading a team of Analysts & Associates in sourcing new opportunities from a select group of developers & housebuilders and progressing approved deals through to conclusion. In partnership with the National Acquisitions Director and National Business Development Director you will also be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with select developers and establishing Sage as the partner of choice for affordable housing delivery.
Within a high-pressured environment, the role of Senior Acquisitions & Partnership Lead is also responsible for driving the achievement of the individual Acquisition target set for their team.
The role also has line management responsibility for a team of one Acquisitions Associate and two Acquisitions Analysts with shared line management of one Senior Acquisitions Associate.
Key duties include:
- In partnership with the National Acquisitions Director, identify KPI’s and strategic objectives for your team to achieve acquisitions annual targets set by the business.
- Engage, drive and review performance of your team on a regular basis to ensure they achieve team KPI’s, Team Objectives and Acquisitions Targets.
- Identify, develop and manage key developer & housebuilder relationships within a select group of developers, to ensure Sage continues to be a partner of choice.
- Responsible for sourcing new opportunities in relevant markets from a select group of developers & housebuilders.
- Partner with the National Acquisitions Director to establish pricing decisions.
- Responsible for the reviewing of key documents prepared by Senior Associates/Associates including ensuring quality and key details are achieved:
- Head of Terms
- Estate charge
- Red line plans
- Report of Title
- Any other documents required for Exchange
- Accountable for Acquisition packs when seeking board approval for an offer.
- Provide leadership in supporting Senior Associates and Associates in managing the acquisition process to exchange.
- Implement processes, procedures and reviews, along with employee training to ensure reporting to key internal stakeholders is accurate and of high quality.
- Responsible for securing approvals for bids and submission of offer letters.
- Responsible for ensuring all documents prepared by Senior Associates/Associates are in place when required for handover to Operations.
- Responsible for building relationships and engaging with Sales & Lettings and Housing to ensure their requirements are met by the team.
- Provide leadership for the team and line management of one Acquisitions Associates and two Acquisitions Analysts with shared line management of one Senior Acquisitions Associate.
- Regularly review the performance of team members following the Sage Housing Appraisal Process.
- Provide support, coaching and development in order to achieve team and individual success.
- Maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality in handling the work of the department, ensuring that confidential documents are secure.
- Promote and respect Sage’s culture and values at all times
- Adhere to all Health & Safety procedures to minimise the risk of injury and accidents.
- Completion of relevant training courses and e-learning as required for your self-development.
- Carry out such other duties as delegated from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the department and to aid the achievement of the Company’s objectives.
At least 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- 2-3 years demonstrable people management experience.
- 5-6 years industry experience with a proven track record in real estate acquisitions.
- Confident individual who can build their own network.
- Able to influence and negotiate effectively.
- Ability to source market information efficiently including engaging with agents.
- Drives results through effective management, inspiring and motivating performance.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in written English.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Resilient, with an ability to work at pace under pressure.
- Ability to make informed decisions.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to set high but achievable standards and be a role model for others.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel, with experience of running appraisals.
A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) and / or substantial relevant experience.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com.