About the role:
We’re recruiting for an experienced Senior Delivery Manager (SDM) to add to our highly skilled delivery team.
As SDM, you will be responsible for a portfolio of new build residential construction projects from pre -start through to completion of build and the end of defects. You will do this by monitoring Employers Agents, ensuring the agreed quality of standards and design brief is achieved, along with ensuring the project is delivered on time and on budget. As SDM you will also oversee the more complex projects that Sage acquires.
You will lead by example as you line manage the Project Assistants within the Delivery Team and seek to develop them by offering your insight and experience.
You will provide the link between the Acquisitions team and Operations Team to ensure a smooth handover of both rented and shared ownership homes as well as provide expert knowledge on technical aspects of s106 delivery to colleagues in the Acquisitions team. This will enable Sage to make informed decisions when appraising new opportunities.
You will assist the wider Operations team by using your experience and skill in s106 delivery to better inform processes and procedures which are being developed.
Key duties include:
- Liaise with the Regional Acquisitions Directors to understand the pipeline of projects – progress of projects at HoT stage and the delivery dates of units.
- Feed into the acquitisions process when required, providing expert advise on the delivery aspect of new projects.
- Work with the Senior Acquisitions Analysts and Regional Acquisition Directors to ensure the draft contract documents are in line with our internal process.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the projects on site ensuring the Housing Team and Sales Team are kept updated on progress by updating our internal systems and reporting regularly to key stakeholders in the respective client teams.
- Always protect the interests of Sage by working in a diligent manner, assessing risk, avoiding unnecessary expenditure whilst still promoting quality at all times.
- Manage & monitor project costs against the agreed purchase price.
- Process stage payments in line with the contract.
- Appoint required consultants for new projects, including Employers Agents (EA) and Clerk of Works (COW) in line with our internal process.
- Attend Regular meetings on site with the EA.
- Manage the EA and developer relationships to ensure opportunities for new business are available.
- Manage the performance of the developer and EA accordingly and escalate under-performance as appropriate.
- Represent Sage at events, conferences and functions as appropriate. Deputising for the Regional Head of Delivery or other as appropriate.
- Oversee the handover process in its entirety, taking full responsibility for the final product received into the client teams (sales & lettings)
- Ensure the EA collates the information required for us internally.
- Obtain valuations prior to handover.
- Attend snagging and back snagging and ensure the units are up to standard prior to handover.
- Ensure all compliance handover documentation is retained on the scheme and filed for the Operations team to view.
- Attend fortnightly meetings with client-side to ensure progress is reported on projects and delays or issues are highlighted.
- Ensure the units are added onto our insurance at handover.
- 6 years + experience of working in social housing or a residential development environment. Affordable Housing experience prefered but not essential.
- Relevant and comprehensive s106 delivery experience.
- Experience of managing a range of development agreements.
- Extensive experience of Project Management and delivering successful outcomes.
- Experience of managing projects with agreed parameters.
- Track record of delivering excellent service even whilst working under pressure.
- Ability to deal with challenging situations calmly and assertively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player.
- Evidence of line management or coaching/mentoring.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful relationships with Contractors /Developers and Employers Agent.
- Takes ownership for actions and is accountable for delivering outcomes.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Able to demonstrate an organised and systematic way of working with strong
administration and record keeping.
- Able to prioritise effectively and manage a busy workload
- Welcomes and is positive about change and improving services.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft office and experience of using databases.
- Positive, enthusiastic, energetic and with business acumen.
- Able to plan and manage own workload to achieve deadlines.
A higher education qualification (e.g. Degree) and / or substantial relevant experience.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com.