About the role:
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the primary purpose of this role will be to gather news stories, project updates and pictures from across the business, our sites, and regional teams, ensuring news and pictures are shared on Sage Housing social media channels and intranet. Also ensuring anything deemed newsworthy for an external audience is passed to the Communications Manager. In addition, you will maintain Company brand standards, manage the intranet updating, and support Company events. You will support the Communications Manager to enhance the Sage brand by gathering and promoting the company through good news from across the business, sites, and regions. You will also ensure a consistent approach to internal communications is used across the business and focussed on Sage’s values.
Key duties include:
- To build relationships with key stakeholders both within and outside the business including our investors and teams across the business, ensuring all news is fed in and visible to the group and external audiences via social media, the company intranet, and the company website
- To build and maintain relationships with internal colleagues to ensure effective sharing of news across the business
- To keep project progress pictures updated and saved in the Marketing file for use in project storyboards and for internal and external news
- To build and maintain a schedule for both social media and internal comms channels, ensuring there is regular, updated content across all
- Support the Communications Manager with event organisation including conferences and regional events
- Gather information and upload news and content to the intranet maintaining the integrity of the folder structure.
- To build and maintain a schedule of news for the intranet homepage, ensuring news is updated regularly to keep teams engaged with the content
- Liaise with site teams and internal departments for content and news stories, modifying information provided to make suitable for publication on and where relevant forward to the communications manager for external PR
- To help manage the Trust Pilot, Google reviews and any other online reviews, to maintain our online reputation
- Gather relevant information and forward to the communications manager to upload to the Group website via our content management systems
- Liaise with internal departments for content, modifying information provided to make suitable for publication on different media
- Liaise with project teams across the group to ensure information stored on the website is kept up to date
- Previous experience within a communications, journalism or PR role would be preferred
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across the business and with key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to juggle different tasks and to be able to prioritise workload effectively
- Competent with copy writing/ Strong written English
- Takes initiative to find information
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Has a creative mindset
- Strong multitasker who can adapt to changes quickly
- Solutions focussed
- Team player
- Prepared to live the Sage values
Qualifications in communication, journalism, media, marketing, public relations, or a related field would be preferred.
If you are interested in the role, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.