COOKIE NOTICE: Sage Housing uses cookies to store information on your computer, in order to improve your experience when using our website. One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site (using your browser), but parts of the site may not work. To find out more about the cookies we use, click here.

anti-social behaviour

All Sage residents have the right to enjoy and feel safe in their homes, without the stress, fear and tensions that anti-social behaviour (ASB) and crime can cause. 

We take reports of ASB very seriously as we know it can affect your quality of life and we are here to help. We will take all necessary steps to deal with anti-social behaviour, but we must abide by the law and follow due legal procedures.  

What to do in an emergency? 

If the incident is serious or life-threatening, please call 999 immediately and speak to the emergency services. For example, please call 999 if the incident involves: 

  • Violent behaviour, 
  • Hate related crimes, 
  • Your car has been stolen, 
  • Your property has been damaged, 
  • You suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood. 

If the incident involves a crime not requiring an emergency response, please call 101. If you have an issue with noise – please contact the Environmental Health department at your local council. 

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) is behaviour that has caused, or is likely to cause, harassment, alarm or distress to another person. 

What IS anti-social behaviour? 

  • Playing loud music on a regular basis, 
  • Verbal or physical abuse, 
  • Arguing and slamming doors, 
  • Letting dogs bark too much or foul public areas, 
  • Offensive behaviour, 
  • Dumping rubbish (fly tipping). 

 What IS NOT anti-social behaviour? 

  • Babies crying, 
  • Cooking odours, 
  • One off parties/BBQ where there’s no evidence further problems will occur, 
  • Normal behaviour occurring at unusual times, for example, due to different working patterns and providing the resident is being considerate, 
  • Clash of lifestyles including cultural differences, 
  • Children’s play, 
  • Noise transference due to poor sound insulation, 
  • Bonfires. 

How do I report an incident of ASB?  

Shared Ownership residents – please contact Sage at 

Rental residents – please contact our managing agents, Places for People at 

Any enquires that come through in the evening or at weekends will be investigated during weekday office hours. 

What happens when I report anti-social behaviour?

When you report an incident of ASB these will be passed to a member of the tenancy enforcement team, depending on what is being reported. They are trained to help and find a way forward.  
They will ask you about the problems you are having and assess the risk to you by completing a short diary log. They will then create an action plan with you and tell you who will be dealing with your case. 
They may ask you to keep a record of the ASB issues you are experiencing. It’s very important you follow the actions set out as this could be used as supporting evidence and help us take the case further. If you don’t, we will be unable to progress the matter and may have to close the case.